Author Topic: Tabbed2  (Read 1817 times)

Damadar

• Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Hawthorne
  • Credits: 12
  • Iron Fist
    • Furnarchy!
Tabbed2
« on: December 17, 2011, 06:03:48 PM »
Created by Amfortas

The Deluxe version includes an easy way of moving between the other versions without having to use @SKUSE commands.
Pulled from the Skin Emporium, which no longer exists.
Code: [Select]
///////////////////////////////////////////
/*           TabbeDeluxe Skin            */
/*                                       */
/*               Based on                */
/*   Official Furc Skins by Talzheimer   */
/*   Graphic Manipulation by Amfortas,   */
/*         Scripting by Koolpin,         */
/*     With Thumbnail Alignment Code     */
/*             by Benjirate              */
/*    This is shareware! Please give a   */
/*      copy to all of your friends!     */
/*   And Remember: Winners use Condoms!  */
///////////////////////////////////////////
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 02:28:56 AM by Koolpin »

Koolpin

• Gestapo
  • Naia Green
  • I like cheese. ϟ
Re: Tabbed2
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 02:15:02 AM »
Updated page - general housekeeping, broken links
I'm frankly stunned that the skin works perfectly after 6 1/2 years, I'd expected at least a couple changes in Furc that would need adjusting for.

Anyway I'm the one that did the script framework for Amfortas and helped with finalizing the design on the base skins, so mention anything buggy here or in furc (Koolpin) and I can still do updates.

Koolpin

• Gestapo
  • Naia Green
  • I like cheese. ϟ
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 09:39:08 PM »
You can really easily make new skins from these, I designed the script so Amfortas could tweak everything just how he wanted it by changing one of the numbers in Skin.db
Here's one I threw together at random from just editing the "TabbedClassic" skin, no scripting at all
"Aluminish"

Anyone interested in making skins is entirely welcome to use these as a basis for your own.
Note1: when editing just @skuse yourskin in Furc and you'll see your results right away, no need to restart anything.
Note2: a skin is named for the folder it's in
Note3: You can hold shift and click-drag to move the icon. Permanent since skin.db is actually where settings like this are stored

Files:
icon.tga: the main icon, on top of everything, click this to open the actual menu. Top row is closed mode image/pressed, bottom row is open image/pressed
menu.tga: The background image, set behind everything
scroll.tga: The scroll buttons, all are the same width and height. The top 3 are scroll up/left image/hovering/pressed, the bottom 3 are scroll down/right image/hovering/pressed.
*buttons only appear when you have more modules than it can show, change this by adding the button to your skin's background image.
check.tga: the image used as a frame behind module icons, top row is active module image/pressed, bottom row is inactive module image/pressed
Except for menu.tga (any size you want), if you change the image size you need to tell the new sizes to skin.db

skin.db:
Same as an .ini file, line after line saying this=that
checkWidth=# ; the width of the frame that module icons are set inside. Should be half the width of "check.tga"; 32 is the size of actual module icons, if this is set any smaller the icon will be cut off
checkHeight=# ; the same as above for height
direction=hor/vert ; Optional. Decides which direction the skin will scroll. (horizontal/vertical) Vertical if this line is missing
iconX=# ; iconY=# ; The X and Y position of the icon to open the module list, top-left is 0,0
iconOpenX=# ; iconOpenY=# ; Optional, where the icon moves to once you open the menu; otherwise uses iconX/Y
*iconOpenX/Y sets the main menu position, iconX/Y fill the role if this is missing
iconWidth=#; width of the main icon, should be a third the width of "icon.tga"
iconHeight=#; same as above, should be half the height of "icon.tga"
menuX=#; menuY=#; The X/Y position of your background image
*menuX/Y is based on iconOpenX/Y, where you set this will be the "home" position for all other skin elements
modGapX=#; modGapY=#; Adjusts amount of X/Y gap between the mod icon frames
modRows=#; number of mod icon rows, should be at least 1
modCols=#; number of mod icon columns, should be at least 1
modulesX=#; modulesY=#; the top-left position where module icons start rendering
thumbX=#; thumbY=#; optional, sets the position of the mod thumbnail icon inside its frame; auto-centered without this set
scrollBtnWidth=#; width of the scroll buttons, should be a third the width of "scroll.tga"
scrollBtnHeight=#; height of the scroll buttons, should be half the height of "scroll.tga"
scrollUpX=#; scrollUpY=#; position of the scroll up/left button
scrollDownX=#; scrollDownY=#; position of the scroll down/right button

skin.xml:
Furnarchy's master layout file, defining things that a script can't control (so I couldn't put them in skin.db)
I simplified it as much as possible so even this is easier to edit
-To put the module frame ("check") layered on top of its module, swap these two lines (near the middle of the file):
Code: [Select]
<image id="thumb" />
<image id="check" />
**Please note that this still doesn't mean checkWidth/checkHeight can be smaller than 32x32 without cutting off the thumbnails

skin.gm:
A really big script controlling all this that I remember nothing about since I haven't looked at it in 6 years
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 11:27:10 PM by Koolpin »

Damadar

• Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Hawthorne
  • Iron Fist
    • Furnarchy!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 01:03:22 PM »
Thanks, Koolpin. :)