Author Topic: Proxy development woes  (Read 333 times)

zSPON

• Naia Green
  • Credits: 15
Proxy development woes
« on: January 30, 2016, 04:06:49 PM »
I've created a very basic proxy that just parrots data back and forth from the client without modifying or parsing it. It works, except that Furcadia never goes past "Connecting to Furcadia, please wait... (1/14)", even though I can walk around/change maps with the keyboard (And with Furnarchy + rawterm, do everything else). You guys have any idea what's up? Everything works except the GUI. I can upload the project if needed, but it isn't much to look at right now.
Hit me up on the forums or on furc as Ceriseth/Pizi with module/script requests, feature requests/bug reports for my releases, and what have you. I like making useful things for people just for the sake of making useful things for people.

Damadar

• Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Hawthorne
  • Credits: 12
  • Iron Fist
    • Furnarchy!
Re: Proxy development woes
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 09:14:04 AM »
So when walking around maps, are you able to hear other people talk, too?

I'd say something has to be getting cut/not passed through. You might reach out to Kashi; he, or Nijumi might be able to tell you what the client expects back to trigger the GUI.

Lothus and I discussed this a bit more this morning:

Lothus: I'm not sure at all. Since his proxy doesn't DO anything yet I don't see... I would have guessed the client unlock routine would have been the issue, but...

Damadar: The only thing that really made sense to me was that he was somehow filtering something, (or maybe changing the encoding?) that was causing the client to miss a command.

Lothus: It's possible. Furc uses a basic byte encoding and has never directly supported anything else, from what I know. (The Unicode is all handled by converting it into html entities) I didn't think about that, but it's very possible that something is transferring that looks like utf8 and it's getting expanded or otherwise lightly mangled.

Lothus: The mid exchange would be a prime candidate, too.

Lothus: He might want to look at Gerolkae's libraries just to see if there's any special handling to avoid that - I mention it because those are wide open and I know they work.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 10:54:48 AM by Damadar »

zSPON

• Naia Green
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 08:55:56 PM »
I see what's happening now. The client isn't receiving the data sent back from the proxy for whatever reason. Client -> Proxy -> Server works, but with inbound traffic it's Server -> Proxy -> Limbo. This causes all sorts of weird behavior from the client. The client's probably still waiting on a Dragonroar/connect response that the proxy sent to the wrong place, but as far as the server is concerned, everything's peachy. That'd also be why using Furnarchy to send Dragonroar (And anything else I could think of) to the client wouldn't get the GUI going. I'll take a peek at Gerolkae's libraries and see what he's doing differently. Thanks!

Kind of funny that so much of the client works before it's properly connected, though. All keyboard input works as far as I can tell, including hotkeys to the main maps. Enter tries to send the connect command again.
Hit me up on the forums or on furc as Ceriseth/Pizi with module/script requests, feature requests/bug reports for my releases, and what have you. I like making useful things for people just for the sake of making useful things for people.

zSPON

• Naia Green
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 06:28:43 PM »
Or so I thought. Looks like the data is making it to the client, but somehow getting mangled. I have no clue how, though. I have the same problem regardless of if I properly encode the data, or just pass it back to the client. Have the exact same problem with Gerolkae's libraries, too. Silvermonkey (Which uses the same libraries) also fails to connect. Is it just my machine?

Damadar

• Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Hawthorne
  • Iron Fist
    • Furnarchy!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 11:54:56 PM »
Are you trying this with the new client, or the currently released client?

zSPON

• Naia Green
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 12:17:05 AM »
Current.

Damadar

• Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Hawthorne
  • Iron Fist
    • Furnarchy!
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 09:12:01 AM »
Then, yeah. I would think it's something to do with your machine. You might reach out to Gerolkae in game.